Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Homopalooza

I had the opportunity to attend "Homopalooza" the other day -- a Pride Week music festival at the Plaza of Nations. Not the sort of thing I'd generally do on an average weekend, but a friend of mine was going to go and asked if I'd like to come along. I'm always up for doing something I've never done before (within reason), so off we went.

$10 cover charge and $6 drinks. A "Dungeon". Mini-doughnuts. A piercing booth. Various bad musicians on stage -- not my sort of music anyway. Some kind of audience participation thing which I think had to do with trying to pick the straight guy out of a group of three men up on stage, but it's really anyone's guess because the acoustics are so lousy in the Plaza of Nations. That could explain the badness of the band too. Interestingly, the whole show was interpreted in sign language.

Basically, just a party. I drank some rum drinks and played hanger-on as my friend chatted with his friends. It was a lot like any other party, which, I suppose, is the point.

Gotta love the name, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home