Monday, February 28, 2005

Web Designers Are Idiots

Well, not all Web Designers, obviously, but answer me this: When I'm filling out a form with name, address, etc., why do they insist -- positively insist -- on using pop-up menus for "Province/State" and "Country", forcing me to interrupt my smooth form entry typing to navigate with the mouse to a hard-to-acquire target, then pick from one of sixty or over a hundred options. I've just filled out four of these forms and they all do it like this. Who are these idiots? I can type "BC" in less than a second, but they think I'll get it wrong or something and have me pick from a list. Ludicrous. Even worse is when the list of countries is alphabetized, so the default is "Afghanistan". I mean, it's the WWF Canada web site, isn't "Canada" a reasonable default for the country?

Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home