Thursday, December 01, 2005

NetNewsWire Is The Enemy

NNW.pngI've had a few days off, and despite a very strong desire to get some stuff done, nothing's getting done. Well, hardly anything. I am managing to stay up-to-date on my RSS news feeds.

It goes like this: Get coffee, sit down, read through my news. That takes about 30-40 minutes the first time. Then, click 'Refresh' and get another batch of updates. Read those. In the morning, sites get updated pretty frequently, so there's maybe another 10-20 minutes of reading to do there, depending on what other sidetracks are hidden in the news articles. Repeat until the refresh steps leaves me with nothing to read.

Once I have nothing to read, I can get moving on some work, but the moment I get delayed or sidetracked, up pops the RSS reader and I go back into the cycle.

This has got to stop. I've tried taking NNW out of my dock, but that only slows me a little. I've actually considered zipping the application into an archive after using it to make it a little more difficult to run. I need a rationing system or something. Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home