Saturday, January 14, 2006

McGriddles

mcgriddle.jpgI realize I'm a little late to the party with this. Chalk it up to my non-consumer habits and relative media isolation, since I don't watch much TV any more.

I'm not a frequent consumer of fast foods, but the other day in the haze of no sleep and the rush to get Lisa to daycare and me to work, I left the house without realizing that I hadn't eaten any breakfast. I soon realized it though, as hunger pangs threatened to consume me. (Actually, come to think of it, it's 11:15 right now, and I haven't eaten today yet either.) I had to eat something soon.

At any rate, there's a McDonalds Express at Library Square so I popped in for a quick bite, and I grabbed a "McGriddles" sandwich. I had heard the name before, but didn't really know how they were different from an egg McMuffin. As I walked to work eating, I realized the difference: The 'bread' part of the sandwich was a pancake -- including syrup. I have to say that I was very impressed with McDonald's ability to put two pancakes with syrup, an egg, sausage and cheese into my stomach without the requirement for cutlery. Mmmm. 550 calories. And I had two of them. Ouch.

(And by the way, did you know people actually write reviews of breakfast foods?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home