Saturday, January 28, 2006

FuzzyClock


I just found something that suits my personal sense of irony: BoingBoing has a post about the Talus About Time watch and that linked to NSLog(@"Guido's blog"); which contains a posting for FuzzyClock, which is a menubar clock replacement that tells you the approximate time (i.e. all the accuracy that you really need).

I've recently been working on a little utility that deals with time (it's a little reminder app) and in the course of researching some stuff, I read all about ISO time formats and convinced myself that I should be using a 24h clock, because that's what the rest of the world does -- never mind that nobody else in North America outside of the military really ever uses a 24h clock. So, I set my computer's clock and my watch to a 24 hour clock and I've been trying to adapt to the new way of thinking, like "Pick Lisa up before 1800". It reminds me of way back when swatch created "internet time" and for six months or so you could see displays of the current internet time displayed on web sites as @575 or whatever. I wish I had one of the watches they sold, because I'll bet it'd be worth something some day, to someone. Ahh internet fads.

Anyway, when I saw FuzzyClock, I realized that I had to have it. Who needs sub-minute accuracy in your day-to-day life anyway? Whoops. I'd better go. It's ten past one and I need to meet a friend for lunch in about five minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home