Tuesday, October 03, 2006

1.2 billion seconds

In a posting on my old blog just over three years ago, I chose my "death day" as June 14, 2043, based on the StatsCan life expectancy data. This evening as I was doing some very long term thinking about my life, I ran across the Death Clock web site, which does a similar calculation and tells you when you're going to die (good news for me! My death got moved back to May 26, 2045), then puts up a countdown of seconds until that date. I'm currently sitting at just over 1.2 billion seconds until I die, and to me that seems like a very big number. It gives me a little hope that I might actually be able to accomplish something in my life. On the other hand, I'm going to spend about 400 million of those seconds sleeping, so I guess I'd better get on with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home