Thursday, October 26, 2006

Brett's Got a Blog

Seems that my old nemesis Brett g Porter has a blog. Brett's probably the smartest guy at Art & Logic, so that means he's really smart. (Actually even if he were the dumbest guy at A&L, then that correlation would still hold.)

Brett's attitude and sense of humor are similar enough to mine that I hated his guts for the first two years that I was at A&L. That situation was swiftly remedied when I finally met him in person and found that his smartass comments came from a place of goodness, not evil.

My favourite story about Brett is the time just before he went to Japan (China?). He had just done or said something that pissed me off, so I dropped him a note telling him to make sure to try the local delicacy "salted oranges" while he was there. I did this after numerous attempts to come up with a plausible but non-existant foodstuff were foiled by Google and the people who actually produce stuff like "salted radishes". [Note: Google's getting better. Apparently there is such a thing.] Anyway, I chuckled to think of Brett asking around Tokyo for salted oranges. "Nobody had ever heard of them," he said. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home