Sunday, November 19, 2006

Rain Like You Wouldn't Believe

I've lived in Vancouver for a decade now, but I've not experienced rains like this before. I think we broke a monthly rainfall record before the halfway point in the month. I've been taking extra clothes and shoes with me to work because despite the umbrella, I still get wet enough to need a change.

And then on Thursday morning there was some cloudy water in the toilet. Later that day we found out there was a "boil water" advisory for all of Vancouver. Apparently some landslides kicked up a lot of "turbidity" in the reservoir and just to be safe they advised us not to drink the water from the tap. We've got a pretty good water filter, but that just means that I need to clean it about 50 times more frequently than normal. The insult to the injury was that all the local coffee shops stopped serving coffee due to health concerns with the water.

Hopefully, all the rain down here will translate to snow on the mountains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home