Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sleepy

Those of you who know me well know that I can get pretty involved with my job. I like my career, and my current job is literally a dream come true. I am a fortunate guy, and that fact is not lost on me.

But I am getting tired. Boy, am I tired. When our daughter was born nearly three years ago, I viewed it as an opportunity to break out of the monotony that our lives had settled in to. But it wasn't a break, simply a switch. There's a new monotony, one with less freedom and more responsibility. And now that I've got this dream-come-true job on top of it all, well, it's more than a little challenging. Sleep is such a precious commodity, and it's only one of many, many precious commodities in life. The current schedule will ease, the project will end, but I hope that my present intense respect for time will not be easily lost.

1 Comments:

Blogger zrafnid said...

Brent,

Congrats on the gig with the big A. For you, the dream job indeed!

-Steve

PS: Just remember the tall guy from the Pioneer days.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home